I have a friend named Bobbi Benski who came to rescue me from this insanity! Thank goodness!! She is a professional organizer, and does a fantastic job. She helped me get rid of stuff that I did not need. Then she helped me make homes for all the stuff I still use. I got rid of a lot and it actually felt SO good! Bobbi has this really cool labeling machine. She made labels for everything, and I learned that labeling is the key to organization! Organizing a room like this is no picnic! It took a lot of time and work. It wasn't easy to purge some stuff, but it felt so liberating to let myself do it. Bobbi spent lots of time with me, listening to the reasons I love this or that, and giving me tons of very useful tips the whole time. I experienced many "Ah-ha moments" with her advice.
One of the best things about this experience is that I found several things that I had been looking for for a while! And they now have their own special spots so I can always find them, and know right where they go.
I didn't realize that I have dabbled into SO MANY projects!! Yikes! So I picked up some hanging sweater cubbies at Bobbi's request, and we filled each cubby with an unfinished project of mine, and labeled each one of course. Now I can easily see what there is to finish and can go to it whenever I have extra time. (Or should I say IF I ever get some extra time.)
So thanks to Bobbi, by craft room is now clean and orderly. I love doing my projects in there. It's so much more functional! Now I just need to make it cute by adding some cute curtains on the windows and closet (because we took the bi-fold closet doors off) and maybe paint the walls a fun color! Any suggestions?
IF YOU NEED A PROFESSIONAL TO STEP IN (WHICH I HIGHLY RECOMMEND- DIDN'T REALIZE HOW MUCH IT HELPS TO HAVE PRO HELP) I HAVE YOUR LADY! LIKE I SAID BEFORE, HER NAME IS BOBBI BENSKI. Her sessions are $180 and are up to 4 hours each. She can organize any space in someone’s home or office, including the garage. She can also help organize meal planning and time management. Let me know if you want her number and I will give that info to you!
*A statistic I learned from Bobbi: Cutting the clutter in a home and organizing will cut the housekeeping and cleaning tasks by 40% in most homes in America. That’s nearly half the time, what a huge time saver!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Craft Room After Bobbi
Posted by
Angela
at
10:24 PM
Labels: Show-n-Tell
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 Share the Love:
Great job! I bet you love to hang in there now. There's nothing like a clean and organized room to enjoy.
Post a Comment