Thursday, September 11, 2008

Patriot Day


On the morning of September 11, 2001 the phone rang. It was my sister with a bit of panic in her voice. She told me to turn on the Today Show immediately. She had just witnessed the 2nd plane hit on TV. I didn't see it happen live like she did, but we quickly turned it on and my heart sank. I will never forget that day, that week, that year!


After watching the news for a bit, I needed to go do my morning jog. The jog didn't feel the same. I didn't even feel right about being there. I just wanted to be at home watching CNN. My sis-in-law drove by while I was out, and she had no idea what had happened having not watched the news that morning. It was such a surreal day for me, one of heartache and sadness and shock, one I will never forget.

What were you doing that morning??

I found a touching video tribute to share...

3 Share the Love:

Cecilia said...

I was working and as soon as we heard, we could not stop reading about it on the internet. I'll never forget that day!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reminder of that dreadful day. I will never forget the feeling of helplessness as people were hurting and dying all over the place. Thanks to our freedoms and those who put thier lives on the line every day to protect them!

Diana said...

I still remember that was sitting in my living room enjoying the quite of the morning to do my scripture study (one of the good times that I was actually having time to do so) and my dad called me and asked if I was watching the news and then told me to turn it on. It was so hard to believe it all. I saw the second plane hit and then watched as the towers came down and just cried. I was reading the scriptures and writing in my journal so it is all recorded, yet I have not had to reread it all to remember it.