Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Good Weekend

It was a good, busy weekend! I taught a Super Saturday class on hair clips, then got to go out to dinner (Cheesecake Factory) and shopping with a couple of my girls, Stacy and Mindy from high school. Mindy (middle) lives here in town and Stacy (left) lives in Utah. Stacy hasn't been up to Idaho in years, so it was SO fun to see her and catch up! (I think it's been like 13 years since I've seen her.) This is why I love Facebook! You get to find old friends and reconnect!!
Today was our primary program in our old ward, so it was our last Sunday in that ward. The program went so well. All the primary children did such a great job on their parts and singing, and it seemed to go really smoothly. It was really special because each child got to write their own speaking parts within the topic their class was given- a neat touch. Some of them were absolutely priceless, as you can imagine.

So Rod, I and the kids were asked to sing "A Child's Prayer" as part of the program. We practiced a ton and were very prepared. Our turn was toward the end of the program, so we get up there and start singing, and I take one look at the audience and completely lose it. The tears started falling and wouldn't stop, so of course my voice was out. The kids kept on singing, bless their little hearts; and my friend Katie (primary pres) snuck over and sat right in front of them singing loudly to them to keep them going, bless her heart! Then even Rod got choked up a little singing our part. It was so tender though... Cody noticed my tears, and during Rod and my part reached over and grabbed a tissue (from the side of the pulpit) and handed it to me. (He is my little sweetheart.) It was a mix between the strong spirit in there and it being our last Sunday with this wonderful ward, and it just GOT me. I ended up balling all the way through the closing prayer. Sheesh.
The Victory Ward will always hold a special place in my heart. We developed friendships that will last forever and have been honored to rub shoulders with some amazing people. We look forward to a new chapter in our new area with more wonderful people to associate with. I love you, sweet Victory Ward. Let's keep in touch!

0 Share the Love: