Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Our SLC Trip

We decided we would take the kids to Salt Lake for general conference this last weekend. We couldn't go inside the conference center for the meeting with our young children, but we wanted to at least go to temple square for the experience of being there. (I had never been on or near the premisis during conferenc, but Rod has been a few times.) It was a lot of fun!
We stayed a couple nights at a hotel, which is a highlight for the kids! We always make sure we get one with an indoor pool and full breakfast.
They love staying at hotels! We watched 2 sessions of conference in our hotel room. We also got to shop at the Distribution center and Ikea, which was so nice because we have neither of those places here in Boise. We had to get ice cream at our favorite- Leatherby's.
And we ended our trip by going to the temple grounds for the Sunday afternoon session, before heading for home. It was a beautiful day for it! We got to take the kids into the tabernacle for some of the meeting, so they got to see where they used to hold general conference. (It's funny... it looks so small in there after having been inside the conference center!)
Temple square was so beautiful as usual, and there were families all over the grounds, listening to conference. I can't believe how many polonesians there are there! I could have sworn I saw Filipe (Biggest Loser contestant) there, but it wasn't him. I love the polonesian culture.
We thought there would be a lot of protestor people, especially gay activist because of the recent political stuff, but there were hardly any anti people. There were tons of cops everywhere, but they were just hanging out visiting because of the almost non-existant number of activists.

It was a great experience for the kids. Colton wanted to go inside the conference center to see the prophet speak, but we couldn't take everyone in, nor did we have any tickets. So he was pretty bummed. It was a nice little trip.

3 Share the Love:

Pemberley Court said...

Hi Angela! I don't know how I landed on your Homemaker blog....but I saw your personal blog tab thingy and thought you might be LDS too! I was right! Did you get to go to Conference??? Lucky you if you did! YOu have a beautiful family!

Unknown said...

What fun for your kids! I need to do that one of these days. Isn't the Conference center just amazing! We actually did take our kids there one year, but being there for conference would be even more fun...glad you had a great time!

Cecilia said...

What a fun trip! I plan on doing this with my kids, but only when they're a little older! You guys were brave!!!

I love Conference weekend and being there, it's totally different then being home. I used to go every 6 months before I had kids and I definitely want to share that with my kids soon!

Great pics!