Monday, April 7, 2008

General Conference Weekend

Saturday and Sunday (April 5-6) was our semi-annual General Conference, broadcast throughout the world via satalite from the Conference Center on SLC Temple Square. I love conference weekend! It was another wonderful conference. The talks were so good. I have quite a few favorite ones, becasue there were so many. But I would have to say my #1 fave would be Elder M. Russell Ballard's Talk on Sunday afternoon, second to last. Ladies? You too?? Were you peeking over at your hubby too, making sure he was listening??? {{giggle}}

We sustained our new prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. It was a neat feeling to be able to stand in my family room and raise my arm to the square with my family and the rest of the members of the church throughout the whole world to give my sustaining vote to a new prophet of God. I love President Monson.

To make conference weekend fun and special for the kids, we had a "Conference Camp-in" and set up the sleeping bags in the bonus room. And they also got to snuggle in them to watch conference. We also had a menu of "C" foods for the weekend. We had Cinnamon rolls for breakfast both mornings, Chicken salad Crossiant sandwiches with Carrots and Celery for lunch, and Chicken Corn Chowder with Corn bread for dinner. We also had Chocolate Cup Cakes for a treat and Crystal Light to drink. We played Conference Bingo with M&M's and tried to keep the kids busy in the room doing various things. It was a nice weekend.

What was your favorite talk?

4 Share the Love:

Fun times said...

I loved Elder Ballard's talk too!! Also Pres. Monson's last talk. He is so cute! It was a great weekend for sure! Also, how fun, I will have to remember the camp out. We get so tired of fighting the kids, we just say go do whatever :) Have a great day!

Amy Michelle said...

How fun! Eric is gone again so I didn't get to really watch much of conference. I am so glad I recorded it. :)

Katie said...

What a family!!!

BDandFamily said...

Hey Ang! I love your ideas for the kids for conference. You are such a fun mom! I still need to make my blog cute like yours. I wish we lived closer so we could hang out more.