Charity is the purest love one can posess, the pure love of Christ. I have been pondering on charity for some time now and asking myself if I truly posess this virtue in my life. Am I, as a "natural [wo]man" really able to let go of jealousy, offense, resentment, bitterness, pride, and judgement toward others and myself? Am I totally able and willing to avoid gossip completely, not giving nor recieving it? I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and I try to leave people better than I found them. But I still have a long way to go before I will have mastered true and complete charity in my character. It's my ultimate goal to come to a better understanding of it until it becomes a major part of who I am, and change me for the better. I was reading in Sheri Dew's book "If Life Were Easy, It Wouldn't Be Hard", and in it she shared something said by Cree-L Kofford... "Have you noticed how easy it is to cross over the line and find fault with other people?...There are those among us who would recoil in horror at the thought of stealing another person's money or property but who don't give a second thought to stealing another person's good name or reputation." Then to that she says, "Charity is the antidote for every baggage-breeding behavior. It is what lifts us above telestial living." I have always thought it would be really neat to be able to hang a plaque on the wall in my home that says "Your Name is Safe in Our Home". I know people, dear friends of ours, who would safely be able to do such a thing. And I have the upmost respect for them. It is my goal to become posessed of true charity while in my mortal life.
Friday, April 4, 2008
The Virtue of Charity
Posted by
Angela
at
11:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












4 Share the Love:
Well Said :)
Ang- you are awesome! You are such a good friend. Very inspirational thoughts. And thanks for the Conference packets!
Beautifully said! I love the quote "Your name is safe in my home". We all need that assurance at times, no doubt.
The encouragment you left was so wonderful and uplifting! I'm so glad you're an advocate for "Show and Tell" like I am. I also feel that our lives are better when we share the knowledge and experience we each have. ;) Well said!
I added your comments to my blog. Thanks for making me think of who I am and who I want to be. You are amazing. I love you.
Post a Comment