Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Random Act


I want to share a random act of kindness that was done to me yesterday...

Yesterday on our way home from the library, we had to stop at the gas station to get some fuel in the van. I had to run inside so I could pay with cash. I had all 4 kids with me and had told them to stay put while I ran in. Colton was the only one who obeyed. While in paying, the other 3 came inside (I know- scary) and were begging for a treat. (I don't know why they still try- because they know I won't do it.)

So we go back out to the pump and the girls are both having meltdowns on their way into the van, and my temper was on it's way up. The lady pumping gas next to me just smiled (probably grateful she wasn't me at the time). I smiled back and let out a sigh as soon as everyone was finally back in their seats, the van door shutting them in. We both filled up and she went inside, only to come out carrying 5 Tootsie Pops, one for each child + one extra. Maybe a small thing for her, but a "very big" one for me. The kids and I thanked her as we both got in our cars and went our separate ways, two hearts warmed by one simple, random act of kindness from one stranger to another. My heart is filled with gratitude for people like her.


After yesterday's little experience, I decided that for the whole month of December, I am going to watch for random acts of kindness and "randomly" record them on my personal blog. Stay tuned for more...

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!

1 Share the Love:

Handsfullmom said...

What a sweet experience. Thanks for sharing. It is the small things that make the difference, isn't it?