Sunday, February 3, 2008

Custom Towels

Part of the new laundry system in our home is for me to have 2 days a week to do just towels. We had bath towels coming out our ears! They were everywhere. I felt like I was constantly washing towels...

Not any more! I went to walmart and found these nice big white towels with 4 different colors of stripes on them. Perfect! so I bought these towels for $3.98 each!! I also bought 2 regular sized white hand towels to make hoods with. (They were like $3-$4 each.) I cut each hand towel in half and sewed little hoods onto the big towels. It was SO easy to do! (Let me know if you want me to show you how.) Each child got to choose a color of stripes, so now they each have their own special towel. I also bought Rod and I each new (plain white) towels (no hoods, of course).

So out with the old- and I mean old! and in with the new! Towel problem solved!!

Some towel tips that I have learned in the last several years:
-White towels are the best to have, because you can wash them all at once and use bleach!! (Read that in a book written by a mother of like 10 kids)
-Washing clothes with towels will dingey up the clothes. (My sis-in-law Kim)
-It's okay to use your towel a few times and wash them a couple times a week. (My friend Deb)





3 Share the Love:

Crazymamaof6 said...

that is fabulous information! thanks for sharing! and love the custom towel idea! my kids love the hooded ones.

Anonymous said...

Cool. What great ideas. Designated days for towels is a great idea.

Gibb Family said...

Ang,
I am so happy for the success you are having with this new system. Just take it one day at a time and you will see BIG changes for freeing up your time! How exciting!