This is my laundry room. It looks like I am so organized- hampers for sorting, baskets for each child with their name on it, the stacked sock bin on the right, (top one full of mis-matches and bottom mated and ready to wear- uh you can tell we haven't mated socks in a while), neat-n-clean counter tops; everything in it's proper place...
I WISH I was this organized all the time! This is what my laundry room looks like about once a week, only lasting for a day or so. Then it is bombarded with mountains of laundry in the middle of the floor. It's not hard to just toss the clothes into the proper bin, but I guess just much more thoughtless and easy to just open the laundry room door and toss them onto the floor. Or kick them in if you really want to be lazy.
I just want to scream this at the top of my lungs "I HATE LAUNDRY!!" It never seems to end. And it never goes away. And you can't run away from it or you may have to go commando. Laundry and dishes!! Ug!
So my dear friend Debbie, who is a professional organizer has been such a great infulence and has given me some great ideas in organizing my home and my life... Her kids do their own laundry, and always have. I gave it some thought, and came up with a laundry schedule for the kids. I did away with 2 of the hampers under the counter. I put one in the girls' room and one in the boys' room. They have wheels on the bottom and handles, so they can pull the hamper to the laundry room. They have to strip their beds on their laundry day as well and wash their sheets, then I help them make their beds again. We made it through week 1 of laundry training. Whew! They did well, and didn't complain too much. They love spraying their stains and cleaning off the lint tray from the dryer. We'll see how this goes!












2 Share the Love:
wow this is fabulous! i am fully impressed. and very exciting the kids have laundry days. keep us update on how it goes.
that laundry room is so great!
And I love your new blog design.
Post a Comment