Sunday, May 18, 2008

Summer Fever

It's been a busy week and no posting, so I guess I better catch up a bit. It's been HOT here in Southwest Idaho since the latter part of the week- upper 90's by the weekend. My car temp-ometer said 100 on Saturday, so I finally gave in and turned on the AC in the house. The fans just weren't cuttin' it. Rod mowed and we worked on the garden, then we spent the rest of the day at the water park! Summer is getting close- yipee!! I can't believe school will be out in 2 1/2 weeks, and Hailey will graduate from preschool this week. I always look forward to summertime. Now I just have to get myself geared up for our new routine! My friend, Holli introduced me to a cool chore and obedience program called Accountable Kids. I am in the process of checking that one out right now. I am still undecided on exactly which plan to follow.

On a disturbing note... I am sick and saddened by a tragic accident that happened to some friends of ours over the weekend. We don't see them too often because they live out in the country about a half hour away. We found out today that the husband, David and 3 daughters were in a terrible truck accident yesterday, and he and 2 of the girls died. One of the girls is at the hospital in critical condition. Rod and I have felt quite emotional and sickened by the news. Rod texted his good friend, who is the brother of the wife and he just asked us to pray for everyone. Their children are the same ages as ours, so it really hits close to home!! I felt a greater desire to hug and kiss my children today, to spend more quality time with them, to use a softer tone, and to make sure they know how much we love them. Life is so fragile and uncertain, and it can be taken away in an instant. I am indeed so grateful for the comfort and knowledge I have of our life after death and that families can be together forever. Eventhough it just doesn't seem fair to those who have to suffer the loss of those loved ones in this life. I am so grateful that I haven't had to deal with too many deaths of loved ones, but I know I will someday becasue that is just part of life. But knowing that our Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us gives me peace and comfort. My heart aches for our friend, Emily. The last time we saw her was at her own father's funeral a few months ago, who died from a sudden stroke. This is a lot for one family to bare! Please keep this family in your prayers, as we are.

5 Share the Love:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your friends. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers. It has got to be so hard to deal with these types of tragedies! I am so grateful for the gospel and the comfort that it brings in times of need.

alison said...

Thanks for the reminder to slow down and treasure every moment.

Amy Michelle said...

Ang, I am sorry to hear about your friends. My heart goes out to all that are affected by this tragedy. It really does make you want to hold your loved ones tighter.

Diana said...

Dave and Emily and the girls were in our ward before they moved up to Sweet. Emily is such a special lady and it was so neat to see their family interact together. The girls were so cute and polite. It is amazing to know that the three girls and Dave were on their way to a ward service project when the accident happened. I can only imagine how hard it is for Emily to have had the viewing for half of her family on her birthday. We have been asked in our ward to keep all three families in our prayers and we had a special fast for them today. It makes one really think how each day is a blessing.

Angela said...

Well said, Diana. Thanks for fasting for them today. The viewing was hard. Em is so strong and holding up so well. What a birthday. :(