Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday Hailey!

Six and a half years ago, with my two little boys, ages 2 and 6months we were surprised to find out I was expecting a third baby!! Already feeling overwhelmed with my other two babies, I wasn't sure how to feel about adding to my inner chaos. But once we found out it was a GIRL, everything felt wonderful. She came 2 weeks early on September 28 weighing 6lb 14oz.
Here she is at age 6! We took Hailey on her birthday date night to the usual Red Robin, then to the store to let her pick out a new little toy.
Birthday morning she got to choose her fave, so I made pancakes.
Birthday evening the aunts, uncles, cousins came for dessert.
We celebrated at kindergarten with the other September birthday girls.
And Hailey got to have her first "friends" birthday party. It was a "Pretend Slumber Party" so all her friends came in their jammies and brought their pillows.
It was fun! Hailey's birthday seemed to drag on forever, since we had to postpone the friends party a few days (due to Cody's accident), but we love birthdays, and she didn't mind a bit!
This is the slumber party cake that I made for the party. It turned out okay. I didn't have a lot of time to make it real fancy. I got the idea from FamilyFun.com!

Hailey is a lot of fun! She says that she likes boy toys, sports (and not dance), and tells everyone clearly that she is a "tom-boy". Her favorite color is green (not pink!!)

Happy Birthday Hailey!! I love you so much!

4 Share the Love:

Cecilia said...

Happy Birthday Hailey! She is so adorable!
I love the cake....you did a great job!

Unknown said...

How fun! You are so good at birthdays! I love the cake...so cute! And your headband is so dang cute! I LOVE it! Your hair is cute...a bit shorter? EVERYTHING is **cute**! Hope you had a fun birhtday, Hailey!

Jenni said...

That cake is CUTE!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

don't tell me this lovely little girl ate all the pancakes + the cake ?!!
joyeux anniversaire (belated)