
Alia and I were standing in the checkout line at Winco today and I brought just a certain amount of cash with me to spend on some groceries. When everything was rung up, I was a dollar short. The man in line behind me was just about to swipe his card to pay for his few things and heard me say that I wanted to take my tortillas off to make the amount match the amount of cash I had with me.
The man told the clerk to add my tortillas on his ticket. He was so kind, and told me that he hates having to put things back too. I gratefully thanked him, we wished each other a Merry Christmas and off he went. Chills of gratitude and warmth went up and down my spine, and I felt humbled by this man's random act of kindness for a stranger (me).
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Another Random Act of Kindness
Posted by
Angela
at
10:40 PM
Labels: Random Acts of Kindness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












4 Share the Love:
Man you are getting help all over the place....either you look like a very nice person that people want to help...or maybe people are feeling sorry for you. :) LOL
It makes me so happy to hear about people helping each other! Sometimes it is hard to share your own personal experiences, since they mean so much to us. Thanks for sharing the random acts of kindness that have recently happened in your life!
I love hearing your acts of kindness...gives you more hope in the world. But man, you seem to get lots of acts of kindness...but there isn't a person who deserves them more! love ya
so awesome! thanks for sharing this.
if we all did this once in a while think of how nice the world would be not just at christmas time. NICE.
Post a Comment